Tuesday, November 5, 2013

HOCKEY GAME & HALLOWEEN THE SECOND TIME AROUND

I've been so busy this last week. Oh my. I thought about blogging, but I've been either too busy or too tired to do it. Last weekend we went to the UC Pioneers hockey game and it was so good! We won 5-2 so that was worth celebrating! Me, Anna, Gaby and Matty went to a bar on Varick Street (bar street practically). It was so cosy and they had an awesome band playing there too, Annie in the Water. They played some cover songs and some original ones. Oh, and I forgot to tell you that us four were  almost the only ones dressed up for Halloween during the game and also in the bar, before a couple 40+ lady witches/wizards showed up. We tricked people in to believing Finns always dress up in crazy costumes for hockey. I don't know if that was smart or not, haha. People will really believe anything, since they don't know shit about Finland. Usually the response you get when people ask where I am from is "Cool". Just because they have no idea where that is or what it is. Okay, so a little bit off topic here.


Before a game begins the National Anthem is sung and everyone faces the American flag. Okay, and now you only see the Canadian one, but I promise you there is an American one in the other corner. This is a very patriotic country!

During goals this awfully loud sound/noise came on while the screens flashed the word "GOAL".

After that bar we went to Blu, which has become our place to go to I guess. On the way the most amazing thing happened! After saying hello to "Rainbow", who I think is a homeless man who sings terribly and entertains drunken people on the street, I found money on the street. You know where this is going... Or not. I was way too excited to have found $50 dollars (instead of $5 that I thought at first) on the street to give it to him and bought my friends drinks instead. Next time, I promise to give him some dollars though. Must seem like I'm the worst person ever, but well I wouldn't have written that down if I wouldn't actually think about him. There were lots of people in the bar, and very many in just underwear, believe me, that's what Halloween is in America apparently. Mean Girls really didn't lie when Cady said that "Halloween is the one night a year when girls can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it". Well, I guess twerking and slutty Halloween costumes are the thing here… What matters more though, is that we had one of the funniest, if not THE funniest, night since coming here. Oh my, I can entertain people and that was just part of it. Thank you all! :)

Since Saturday night there hasn't been anything special going on. I've been trying to meet all the deadlines that I have to get done before Thursday, but it just seems impossible. I wills till try though and hope for the best. There's a stomach flu going around here btw and I'm not too keen on getting it before the weekend, so let's use lots of anti-bacterial hand cleanser. Ah, yeah. This is the weekend we go to Canada!! Whoop whoop!

My skeleton girl makeup

Meet Anna the lion and Jasmine the Stripy Skelly. Sorry for bad pictures. I forgot my camera at home :(

Referee Matty and me.

Gaby the Francois, referee Matty and me. A very stripy posse!

0 comments:

Post a Comment