Friday, September 13, 2013

T.G.I.F.... The 13th

Yesterday was a good day. Even though we couldn't have tennis practice since it started pouring down. The weather here can change literally in minutes. We went into a classroom in the gym instead to talk about something I still don't get the hang of; the counting of scores in tennis. The logic behind the scoring? There isn't one if you ask me.

After that we had another class in mass communications, our teacher is so good at lecturing even though the class wasn't particularly interesting that day. He's so passionate about his subject and you can see it and feel it, it's nice compared to no-named-lecturers back home when you can't wait until the clock hits 11:45 and you can finally leave the classroom. And I got a 39/40 score in a quiz. Yay! Later in the evening we went to our college pub, Pioneer Pub, to drink a few and listen to a band that was playing there. They were pretty good and it was nice just hanging out somewhere else than in the third floor lounge, where we usually hang.

Pioneer Pub.

Today we had a couple of classes and later I went to the mall. I was a bit sad and frustrated and what not, so I felt that a little (though unhealthy) shopping would serve as therapy. Seriously, you don't need to put a 100 bucks an hour on a therapist, when you can shop for about 100 $ in 2½ hours. I felt much happier and lighter in my mind after strolling around in the shops at Sangertown Square Mall for a couple of hours ALONE. That was probably the real therapy. Plus I found lots of nice stuff to put in my growing wardrobe.


Damir hiding between the sofas. I still need to upload the video of him "belly dancing" on Facebook. So funny! :D

Shopping defo makes me happy... Hehe.

About 9 PM we went to the gym with Marcin (Polish guy) and Filip (Serbian guy). I definitely had too much energy to get rid of. Only bad thing is that my right leg is messing with me and it keeps hurting a lot everytime I run or do anything that involves my legs go up and down on the ground, like jumping jacks. Well I managed to get a pretty good workout anyway! I've just showered and I don't know what's happening this Friday evening, but I'll probably do nothing special. I'm saving myself for tomorrows Escape: Welcome to the Jungle party at the Uptown Theatre in Utica. Whoop whoop! I'm so excited :D Rumor has it that the theatre is haunted, but I don't think the ghosts want to come out to crazy party people.

Well good night all! xoxo


The Utica College gym. It's pretty nice!


Tomorrow! Whoop whoop!

0 comments:

Post a Comment