Sunday, September 29, 2013

Fort Niagara & Niagara Falls

Yesterday we visited Old Fort Niagara and the Niagara Falls. It was so much fun and both places were beautiful. It was totally worth the visit and also because we exchange students got it for free it was even more worth it. Hehe. From were the fort was at one side of Lake Ontario you could vaguely see the Toronto skyline on the other side. So close to Canada, but so far away. Still I got a message saying I should enjoy my stay in Canada. After visiting the fort we continued our trip to Niagara Falls. It was so beautiful and we really had the best weather possible for making this trip. We went on the ride Maid of the Mist, which goes pretty much under the falls and we got very wet since we stood on the upper deck and in the very front. You get a rain poncho when you come there, so that helped keeping most of me dry. One thing to remember is that you should bring extra shoes, because they got very wet, as did my shirt. After the ride we walked up the stairs beside the falls to get as close as possible, snapped a couple of photos, witnessed a proposal, and then headed back to the very uncomfortable school bus we came in. The trip one way took about 4,5 hours with one break. Here's some pictures I took with my phone, so not the best quality and light, but nice enough. I will go through the pictures on my camera later and put some here when I have time. Ciao!


Beautiful views and sailing boats at Fort Niagara.


The cannons were the best things according to the guys.


"I smell a traitor amongst us!". Haha :D


This lady (in yellow) was sitting and enjoying the view and silence, when the guys decided to sit down beside her. She looked a bit confused, but I just thought it was so funny.


The light is horrible. Too light of a background that my phone just can't handle!



The rain poncho is on!


We saw a lot of rainbows and you could actually see where they "started" and "ended"!


HORRIBLE light in the background again. I just like the picture with Gabriella, me and Anna under the falls.


This man proposed to his girlfriend and it was so amazing to see something like this. It was just so beautiful when you could see her surprise and happiness. After he put the ring on her finger everyone around cheered. So cheesy, but oh so romantic!


That's Canada on the other side of the river!


We got to witness a beautiful sunset on our way back home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment