Wednesday, September 18, 2013

FIRST MONTH IN AMERICA - check!

It's been nearly a month since I came here. So thoughts and feelings about this first month? Confusing, exciting, sometimes boring, amazing and probably also overwhelming. I wrote my first column for our college newspaper yesterday and to be honest it's quite exiting having something published in a real paper! I will try to write a weekly column about whatever I'm thinking about and experiencing here.

Should I use #1, #2 or #3 as my "mugshot" for my columns byline? ;D

I haven't actually done anything exciting this week (yet). It's been all about homework and school school school. We had a quiz yesterday and another today and I actually think both went pretty well. On Monday our PR Campaigns group visited Thea Bowman House and the food pantry that we're going to concentrate our project on. What an eye opener! I think it's just horrible that some people have to go on every day not knowing how to get food or clothes for their children, let alone for themselves. This not-for-profit organization really needs help and funding, because it is doing a good thing for it's society! I'm pretty happy we're trying to do something for them this semester and in this course, because it's actual work in a way, even though we will not implement our campaigns for real. It will help them along the way anyway!

Visit at the Thea Bowman House. The Peace Garden.

I really miss Finnish chocolate and rye bread. I'm starting to get tired of the food here, even though we had some awesome Indian food yesterday and in a couple of weeks I think we'll have some sushi. That's gonna be awesome!


Indian food. I can't remember the names of the things we ate, but I know naan bread. That's something right?


One of the last skirt days I'm a afraid.

0 comments:

Post a Comment