Monday, January 13, 2014

SURFING AT MACAO BEACH

Today I completed another thing on my bucket list (updated again); surfing. I took a 2 hour group lesson through Macao Surf Camp which was $95. Even though it was a group lesson it felt like a one-on-one, so totally worth the money! The pick-up was on time, we got to Macao Beach and didn't loose that much time before we were learning the basics of surfing and then we were in the water already. It is so hard, but I never really imagined it would be easy either. My balance sucks from before, so that part was a bit hard to control at the same time I was trying to get up and get my feet in the right position and so on. I thought it would take much more leg power than it actually did, but the place where you need power is your arms and shoulders (which I don't have atm). You really do like a slow push-up when you get up and try and balance yourself on the board and stand on it and then control the direction and surf the wave. Also you need it when getting up on the board (and abs!!).

For a first timer I think I did fairly well actually. Well, I did fall off the board the couple of first times I tried to stand, but with a positive attitude and not giving up I actually managed to surf a couple of full waves. (Please note that I do not speak surf language). And the feeling was just awesome! Everyone was so supportive too, cheering from behind me and on the beach. Really felt like a champion! Haha. So, all in all it was an awesome experience, and I will do it again at some point. And I can recommend Macao Surf Camp dearly since they were very professional and tried to really help and give advice. Thank you all!

P.S. Tomorrow I will start ticking off another thing from the bucket list; scuba diving certificate. EXCITING!


Felt like a champion afterwards!

Thank you Natsumi so much for the photos! <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment